Thursday, April 19, 2018

Change of Plans

On Sunday, I drove northwest toward Jackson and the Natchez Trace Parkway. I had plans to pick the road up there and take it northeast toward Nashville, where I would leave the parkway and head to Paducah to visit my friend Denice. I drove only as far as Hattiesburg where I found a beautiful state park RV camp with full hookups for a decent senior price. I gave a fleeting thought to staying 2 nights, but was anxious to get to the Trace, so paid for only one night. Overnight guests were relegated to the pull through sites in a paved lot, so I was a bit disappointed not to be able to stay in the really nice, more rustic campground. But for just one night, it was fine. 


I left early the next morning and drove straight to Jackson and the Nachez Trace Parkway. I made a stop at a park rest just a few miles north of the city where I pulled out my phone to read messages. Lo and behold, I had one from Denice sent just after I left the state park saying she and her husband were both too ill to have me come visit right now. Oh dear, if only I had seen that before I left Hattiesburg, I would have settled into that lovely park for a couple of days while I figured out what I would do from there. I sat in the parking lot contemplating the dilemma, and decided to turn south and take the Trace down to Natchez instead of north to Nashville. From there I could figure out a route home.

No comments:

Post a Comment