Sunday, July 17, 2016

Bryce Canyon National Park

Dale and I said goodbye to our friends and headed our  Minnies toward Kanab, and adventures farther north.

We filled up with gas, propane and a few groceries and drove on toward the Dixie National Forest in Utah, where Dale had researched a forest road just a few miles outside of Bryce National Park. We turned south on FR 87 off of 12 and drove about 3 miles to "Dave's Hollow". I waited while Dale drove up in a ways to see if there was anything suitable. He found a large parking area and the promise of some more private sites farther in. But first, I needed to dump, and there was a campground down the road at Tropic Reservoir. Dale left his RV and rode with me down a ver-r-r-r-y bumpy 7 miles, where we did indeed find a $5 dump and water station. However, we both agreed the washboard road was not worth the budget price and I should have pulled into the RV lodge we passed earlier and paid any price to save the nuts and bolts on my RV.

Early the next morning, we rode the motorcycle into Bryce and after a walk through the Visitor's Center, we rode the park shuttle up to Sunset Point for our first view of the canyon. It's spectacular!


Dale wanted to hike the Navajo Trail a ways down into the canyon. I elected to stay closer to the top, as I was having trouble breathing in the high altitude.



When he got back, we took the shuttle to Sunrise Point and studied the view again. After an ice cream break, we rode back to camp to find Hanna cool in the RV and happy to have us home.

No comments:

Post a Comment