Thursday, July 20, 2017

Hop, skip and a jump

Thats how far I moved this morning. But let me back up and catch up my last two days

I spent three nights in the meadow inside Boise National Forest. On my second day there, I packed a snack, tossed Hanna into the car and we headed up FR626 toward Sage Hen Reservoir. We quickly lost cell phone signal and never found it again until we were almost back to our camp. The road was rough gravel, about 1 1/2 lanes wide on the edge of a mountain drop off most of the way, with two way traffic. Thankfully, I only met about half a dozen cars all day, so it was not too bad. There are four or five campgrounds at Sage Hen, and I drove through two of them. They were lovely, near the lake edge and each less than half full. If the road was not so harrowing (and long; about 11 miles) I might have considered camping there for a night or two. I do love forest service campgrounds.

We got back to Minnie in the meadow and hung out the rest of the day. I was debating on whether to pack up and move north the next morning when I heard my neighbors with the ATVs pull out. Glory Hallelujah! I decided to spend an extra day enjoying the peace, quiet and dust free zone. I spent the day reading, walking with Hanna and puttering inside Minnie. All was well until 7:00 in the evening when the big trailer carrying 2 ATVs and the motorcycle pulled back in. Luckily, they did not even unload them, so it was a quiet evening after all.

This morning as I was packing up, I heard a chain saw start up and looked over to see my neighbor chopping down a forest tree! I quickly texted R&D to see if that was legal and Dianna said if the tree was dead, it probably was. The tree was dead. Whew! I don't have to report them to the rangers. 😉

I moved north about 60 miles to a pretty campground along Goose Creek. After picking a site, paying for it and getting set up, I discovered two better spots, nearer the creek (which is really more of a rushing stream in my opinion). But since I'm likely only here for one night, it's not worth the move, and besides I've already registered in this space. I have 1-2 bars of 4G so enough to stay in touch.





3 comments:

  1. Those look like a couple of videos, but neither one will play.
    Look like nice places to be right now, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was afraid of that. I tried to upload the videos through the image button. I've added them now via YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WordPress won't let me upload anything over 2 megapixels. If I forget to set the camera I have to edit before I can upload.

    Looks like some pretty places you are staying.

    ReplyDelete