Thursday, April 18, 2019

Spring 2019

Hanna and I are heading to New Mexico to visit some of the state parks. Dale is camping there this spring and I thought it would be a good chance to catch up with him, as well as  enjoy some of the areas Mom and Dad used to frequent in their retirement years.

I left Mesa at around 10:00 this morning and drove straight down I-10, past Tucson, on through Wilcox, and stopped at a rustic little RV Park in Bowie, AZ. There’s not much to look at here, but it’s run by some really friendly folks and was very economical for full hookups. I’ll only be here overnight, and then plan to drive to Percha Dam in NM where Dale has already set up camp and is waiting for me.

I did have an interesting story that I shared on Facebook: “I was driving along on I-10 at 62 mph in my Winnebago Minnie east of Wilcox this afternoon and I got pulled over by a Highway Patrolman. He was planning to give me just a warning for not changing to the left lane when I went by him earlier as he was on the side of the road. (There was a car beside me so I couldn’t move over, but the cop couldn’t see it because I was in the way. Besides I was going well below the speed limit.) Anyway, before he came up to my RV window, he ran my license plate and it came back belonging to a Mini Cooper. In a couple minutes, two border patrol showed up. I guess they thought I had stolen it and/or was transporting illegals. Asked if I had a weapon, then asked me to step outside, then questioned me whether I even owned a Mini Cooper.  It was finally sorted out that the truncated “Minni“ on the license registration had confused someone somewhere. 🙄”

And that’s day one of my spring RV trip!
Full moon rising


3 comments:

  1. Let's hope that's the most exciting event and the rest of the trip is peaceful and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I didn’t have to come bail you out of jail!

    ReplyDelete