Friday, March 16, 2018

Spring Trip

For the past few weeks, I've continued attending to the maintenance items on my Minnie list. I had the tires and brakes checked (no need to replace either this year!) and had the engine and generator serviced. I bought two new coach batteries and an inverter and the brothers graciously installed all of them for me. I'm working on a couple more repairs/updates inside and Minnie feels like she is in great shape. All in time for my next journey. 


I'm heading east in a few days, to the National Seashores NP on Padre Island, and the Gulf coast. This location was another one that Mom wrote about in her journals. She and Dad visited twice on two different trips to New York. I'm looking forward to spending a few days there while sightseeing in Corpus Christi and Galveston. I also will make sure to spend a day with my cousin Cindy who lives in Sugarland (a suburb of Houston).

My other two destinations are Meaher State Park which is just about five miles from my friends Wendy and Denny, and Paducah, Kentucky to see my oldest (or rather longest) friend Denice. I think I will drive a portion of the Natchez Trace Parkway on my way north.

Around the end of April, I'll turn back toward home. Keeping an eye on tornado season, I plan to drive through the Midwest and northern New Mexico as I make my way back to Arizona by the first week of May.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip. I really liked the seashore along the Texas coast. You should make a detour down to Big Bend National park an the way. I found that area quite interesting. Have fun and stop to see me if I'm over in New Mexico when you come back through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to that seashore. Some day!

    ReplyDelete